Friday, 15 August 2014

catch up...

It has been four months or more since I last posted and in that time I have, in the in-between moments, been reflecting and healing. Life happens, shit happens, yet mostly as they say,  time heals. 

I began this blog because I needed to have an outlet, as I felt instinctively I needed to have somewhere to be, just be, a place that was safe and mine ...I had little idea how important this place would become in a few months, a lifeline, a support line and a friendship line. i thought it was my approaching 50th birthday that would be rough to deal with...ahahahaha...if that had been the all of it!!!

Like Suburbia, since our very first posts, we have found our lives and circumstances change immeasurably, and yet blog land remains. true.
It changes, people come and go, but it is in essence.. it is sitting in limbo, waiting for us. 

In May my son returned from Uni in America, after almost a year and he has since inter-railed through Europe with a group of close friends, returning home for a few weeks work...and is now in Holland visiting friends he met at Uni,. It's his 20th birthday today and the whole world is truly his oyster! 

My daughter who has also been away from me, has completed three years uni in Leeds, with a First and now has a further 3 years midwifery to complete. Now 23 yrs old, she has matured into a hard working, responsible young woman. 
I could not be more proud of them both!






My business is growing day by day, it is exciting and rewarding. We are finalists in City & County Retail Awards nominated by customers.





Joey (my boy dog) has been with me for 6 months now and is flourishing, despite the english weather probably being a huge shock for his Cypriot beginnings. Monty (boy cat) outs up with him and they play and roll around the floor in greeting several times a day, Monty slinks off out for another forage and Joey licks his wounds (minor love scratches I promise) !

Joey (jackrussell+mini cyprus poodle)
I am now a proud plotter!! I have had an allotment since late May and have whipped it into shape, with a lot of help from my friends Faye, Andy and Matt and have spent hours upon hours, digging, seeding, composting, planting, raking, hoeing, trimming, tipping, turfing and painting...oh and sometimes I get to relax too!! Its a joy!!
After two months work... my little piece of sky

I have a few plans ongoing, which may or may not come to fruition, but at this moment I am not able to talk about them as they are unofficial and don't want to jinx them (or give the game away and spoil the PR surprise).

It's been a busy few months.... 
               and then...
a few months ago, something unexpected happened....

I met a lovely man, 
a gentle man,
a kind man.... we seem to laugh all the time .......and he makes me feel like a queen!

We're taking it a day at a time...and ...well who knows!






happy days!

Saz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x