Wednesday, 4 December 2013

cinders in going to the ball...

so l should be feeling er excited, proud...nah more concerned about the flab plopping out at some special moment...

Warwick Tower, my biz, was nominated for retailer of the year by a networking group back in June, the public voted for three months and then we were short-listed to the final three....( we've only been open 7 months) and tomorrow is the awards dinner at a central hotel ballroom AND a bloody red carpet an all.. and all  this is in Carlisle..

so I went and bought my first long gown, thanks tkmaxx, am sure mum was with me, she loved tkmaxximama, we used to call it...and it was the first one l looked at... a long black lace column dress, very simple, and I have shoes, vintage bag, several earrings to choose from...and if I had a bath I would soak long and bubbly, but a shower will have to suffice..

My biz partner is taking his girl and as l haven't a plus one I am taking a girl too!

so after a few glasses of Jack and a shit load of slap/make up, I am sure we will be presentable at least...now the nerves are kicking in ... and er....what if we actually won, aw lordy then I'd have to get up and make a speech...

best buy another bottle of Jack...!!


Saz x
update you all later...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats - just getting to the final is a huge achievement!!! Have a great time and I to hope you win the top prize :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x