Thursday, 10 January 2013

so what else is new?

As I have stated here before new Year's celebrations mostly leave me cold, I don't do resolutions and often find it quite a sad time, the marking of another year passing.

However this time, I have had a busy end of year, firstly with the death of Mum/Moannie and all that this involved; the preamble of another christmas without the ones I love with me, my son again spent most of Christmas and Boxing day with his father, sister and the ex-inlaws; finally l made the decision in late November to move out from the flat, to which I escaped the nastiness of events of three years ago (which we needn't rehash).

So festivities over, so much as they were, I spent the new year and few days after between work, decorating and putting up shelving in the new house and packing up the flat. I moved out last friday, with a little help from my friends, and I drove the transit van which was great fun and I have been here a week. Boxes emptied, books shelved, food stored, beds made and curtains hung. Over the next few days I have off work I shall arrange and rearrange for comfort and aesthetic satisfaction. I now have my own front door, a yard for Monty to explore, some earth to seed and grow in, and  it is so warm and cosy.


I am also involved in a new project with my biz partner, to add to our vintage fairs by opening a large venue to house traders of vintage, antiques, upcyclers, artists, crafters and more...all under one roof. We are now recruiting traders to the project and all being well will sign on the dotted next month, looking to launch the new venture around Easter time.

Enough to keep me busy, out of trouble and full of purpose? hmmmm

2013 bring it on!

so what else is new with you?

saz x




14 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased that you have moved into your new home and it was lovely to see a photo of it. It looks so cosy. I hope that it will bring much happiness.
    A New Year and a new house. Lets hope 2013 is a much better year than last.
    Love your new blog look!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you survived 2012 well and hopefully 2013 will be much brighter for you. Next time I'm in England I plan on coming further north so will keep you in mind for a cuppa or whatever...

    *smile* Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hope 2013 is a brilliant year for you. I will await with eager interest your news of your new business venture, my new addiction is vintage and craft, I am spending way too much time and money on Etsy! so would love to call in on you when it's up & running xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you and good luck. In my place you'll see my news mostly kid related

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did think of you and yours over the Christmas period and imagined your mum smiling on sight of your lovely new house....the business venture sounds exciting so up and at'em girl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I'm sure it hasn't been easy, but it sounds as if you've done a wonderful job of coping. Good luck with the new venture. Thirteen is considered to be our family's lucky number, as this is 2013, I am glad to share the luck with you. Take care and God bless, xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a good start to the new year, Saz. May it bring nothing but happiness your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you every happiness in your new home and every success in your ventures in 2013. WM x

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you are seizing what opportunities exist and making them yours. here's to a good 2013 for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year. You ARE brave. Such a lot to cope with after a sad few years. Wishing you all the luck and happiness for 2013.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww thank you ALL!!! this has made my day....
    IT IS gonna be good...I KNOW it....lol

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You strike me as a very resilient sort (sometimes, we're forced to be, eh?) so I have little doubt all will work out well for you. You remain in my prayers, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah, another one who thinks me resilient..I guess I am Jim...I am still here after all...
      I have hope and I will never give up...
      this much I know....
      so much more I don't have a clue about...
      and even more I won't let me think about..but hey that's life huh..

      here's to an awesome 2013 for us both...!!

      saz x

      Delete
  13. What good news after the last three years of hassle and sadness. May all your new projects go well and may you be Fun, Feisty and Fabulous all year through.

    Still thinking of you and your family, of course.

    P.S. If you want a new home card you'll have to let me have your new address!

    Love
    John

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x