Skip to main content

2011 and all that..

just reflecting some on the year that was.......  and if I think clearly, which admittedly is a little difficult at this very end of the year, I actually have to confess it was in the most part good in fact I would even go so far as to say a large part of it was great, even special.

However, that best part of it, remains in my pocket, to reflect upon later when l am stronger.

My divorce in September was a huge milestone to reach, kinda crept up upon me as living through it and past it, my feeling was that it was a long time coming. Well yes in fact a longer time coming than just the legal aspects...years long overdue, and that is down to me too. I couldn't do it, even though I should have. I don't give up easily and until presented with a fait accomplis, a no choice scenario, l caved. It wasn't worth fighting for.

As Joni says, '..l look at life from both sides now, from win and lose, and still somehow its lifes illusions l recall...I really don't know love at all...''

Moving on....and the back end of the year has brought some major bumps; restructuring at work, with my job of 8 years  ending and now an unattractive prospective position, I will be interviewed next week.

Time will tell, it always does. I am a fatalist and what is meant to be, will be.

I've not been lucky with my health this year, well with the bloody neck injury and now l am off work again with other issues, but it is allowing me to do all manner of soft activities and l am painting and writing again, which is great.

Of course the biggest bump in the road has been Mum / Moannie's sudden illness and diagnosis, coming to terms with this and managing the day to day isn't easy, but we are all managing under the circumstances. I visit as often as l am able and hope to again mid January.

My son will, results allowing, leave for University after the summer (god yes summer is on its way yay!!) and I will be so happy for him, a great big fat adventure. Then mine will begin perhaps it already has and l just can't see it.....

And so upon reflection, the year has taken a downturn, just as I had begun to believe again... but at least I believe now.

Even though  2012 may bring great sadness, a sadness I have never known, I believe and I hope...and somehow that is enough ...'cos it will see me and mine through....

and so yes to 2012 and all that....

Saz xx

Comments

  1. `Faith, Baby! Have faith and it will carry you through the good and the bad so that you come out in the end with success for having weathered everything as it comes your way. It may not all see like that at times, but it will do that and you will be a stronger person in the end. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Saz, what a year you have had. You are a strong woman.

    All will be well in the end, and if it's not, then it's not the end.

    Best wishes Saz, may be we'll see each other in 2012 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry 2011 has been a bitch, but hoping 2012 will much much better. Miracles do happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been a bit of a year for you ... hope 2012 is better. Love to you and yours esp your Mum who I know is suffering in her own way with great humour as ever

    The job is ... just a job... something I learnt hard in the last 18 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fatalist/realist...you are right...what will be will be and we will get through the ups and the downs....believe/have faith...and breathe and smile.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara, it's all part of life's bitter-sweet journey, my darling...

    As we age, so too do those around us and yet they remain a part of us, wherever they are.

    I am thinking of you and raising a glass to a good year for you, whatever waits in the shadows.

    You said to me a while ago, I think - Onwards and upwards...

    And so it is and shall be.

    Much love to you and thanks for being such an inspiration and beauty <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - a lot to cope with. I'm not going to say anything like "We only get what we can cope with" or those other rubbish words, because they're just NO help at all really. I just hope that 2012 is a little kinder to you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been quite a year for you but always good to look forward and think of the good times that will have. All the very best to you for 2012.

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete
  9. keep doing what you know to be right. your kids WILL see. they will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Together we will ride out the storms'. I really hope and pray all works out well. You deserve it. Believe, Saz dear, believe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's hoping 2012 will be a good one for you and yours my dear xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x

Popular posts from this blog

Tesco - every little helps

Last year I bought myself a new camera online from Tesco. One of those emails arrived in my inbox with a 'deal of the day'  and for me the camera was the dog bollocks, in as much as it had a large 8 mega pixel whatsit .... and a large LCD, and yes I do like things big.. say no more! Oh and it is red! which is almost as good as purple but not quite, like size colour of inanimate objects does matter. It was a great price and the bonus was that it came with a, yes you guessed it, large  memory card. Total cost £74.
It arrived quickly but not with the promised memory card, so I contacted Tesco and they apologised, told me they'd run out and would credit me for the cost of the memory card. I found to my surprise a credit of £36.99 in my bank account, so the camera was only £37! I bought the same memory card from Amazon for a few pounds only, so a  result, thank you Tesco!
A few weeks ago my girlfriend's washing machine broke down in its last month before the 12 month warranty…

What a difference....

a year makes!

It has taken me the better part of the last month, to access my blogs (and Moannie's) as I feared it had alas been removed from the ether. Playing around with passwords and email addresses...I'm in again.

My last post , just 10 months ago...burst my seams, as again I realised how so much has changed!

I'm still,  in my new wee home, with Joey (dog) and Monty (cat).

My lovely son has returned from uni in the USA, attained a First Class degree and started work in London last Autumn as a writer...the world his oyster for the taking! My hero!

My beautiful daughter is in Leeds, amid her Midwifery degree, working at a Brazilian first class restaurant, all loved up with the Spanish Chef.... a meeting is on the cards AND he is taking her to meet his Mama is Spain this summer, so must be serious methinks! So proud!

My hugely supportive brother (TOAOS) is living contently in the Garden of England with his wife and Harry the cutest dog!!

My younger and what a stunner sis…

moments...

..and here we are firmly into a new year and I am sitting up wide awake in bed, yet again... I am reflecting upon what was in 2013 and what wasn't.

The 'what wasn'ts ' are left where they are, filed and duly noted, I shall unremember them.

However for the 'what was' ' and that which I choose to bring with me into 2014, are the things that are memorable, enriching, happy and surprising, be them the tiniest fragment of joy or the biggest new thing on the block!

I didn't get off to a great start in January as we had only recently lost Mumma a few months before, the countdown to my son's second year of uni starting mud summer in the States and i was in the middle of a roller-coaster of negotiations trying to secure a business lease and plan for a potential opening. I wasn't at my best and i was running low on fuel.

However as always when faced with a challenge I was defiant and rose to several occasions, decisions with all the positivity I could mus…