Sunday, 19 December 2010

stooping

It twists,
and curls
its tendrils
rising high above me

Bewitched,
I glance at the almost full moon
clear and luminous
its glow reflected into my eyes
feeding me
and upon the snow lined path
before me

A hanging fog
like the shawl around me,
a translucent flourish
of paisley coil,
a wisp that disappears in seconds

I exhale and momentarily
it's in sight again
only to vanish as I reach out
elusive in the dark

It leaves its odour on my flesh,
I feel and smell it close,
taste it,
lick and bite my lips
tantalising and teasing,

I inhale to catch the magic
deep within my creases
my heart pounds
as it burns way down,
my throat aches
am light of head

Moments stolen upon my stoop
a pack of lies in my pocket

Sara

12 comments:

  1. cigarettes? and the pleasure and pain that are caused by them?? that’s my take...don’t know if its the right one but there you have it. A beautiful wordplay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, beautiful one, don't start smoking again, for me, pretty please - I know it's enjoyable, but it does you no good in the long run, and you have a long, long run ahead of you, ma belle! xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, how perfectly you've captured that stolen moment - I have gulitly been there so often! I quit-ish for twelve years, but always enjoyed what was probably a bi-monthly cigarette.. until I took it up again with a vengence.

    Guess what my new years resolution is (again)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. Have you just started again or have you been smoking a while? Naughty girl. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You paint with words the way you use your camera .... so very well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly. Perfect. In all regards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry! So sorry. Must be in the genes. Mea culpa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So well said, but please stop smoking :-)

    Wishing you a wonderful holiday! jj

    ReplyDelete
  9. You express your feelings so well,
    but it hurts, seeing you captive to that poison.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are very good at this writing lark aren't you.

    If you plan to kick the habit I wish you the greatest success

    ReplyDelete
  11. Described so perfectly. I remember it well. I hope you tossed them after that...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tea and cake is much better for you. Me, I indulge my OCD tendancies when I'm stressed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x