l'm assuming she is using the word happy loosely, as I find contentment is more manageable and satisfying. Happiness, like joy for me isn't a state of mind, it doesn't stay with you. it is fleeting. Contentment is achievable and l align myself to it. l am smug enough and able enough to try and and hope, to sustain it.
Joy is but of moments.
So l have spent odd moments today thinking ..'what can I think of that has recently made me happy'..
here are my Doddy moments.... get it? Ken Dodd - 'Happiness, happiness'
- I finished reading a second book this week
- The sun shone deep into my face
- I have been home alone and content with it
- I have made some exciting plans for next year
- I wrote a letter of objection to my son's school this week and they made an about face within 24 hours!
- I laughed with friends
- I knitted all evening without objections
- I had a duvet day and found I liked it....a lot, even though I was ill!
- I heard something today, if it is what I think it might be it will make me feel Joy, even Happiness and lots of contentment!
YEAHHHH!!! Your friend and mine- David Authorblog McMahon is in the building...back from his sabbatical. I couldn't be more pleased!!