Tuesday, 3 August 2010

under the skin

On Sunday evening I met up with Fhina and her husband, we had tickets for Peter Green and friends
and  l was living in deep denial and certain that Carlos Santana would turn up as a said 'friend'.

And I was more excited the whole week before because Fhina and I would get to chat and catch up with each other. Not sure how this would happen as concerts are historically LOUD and you will know how hard it is to hold any conversation! However Peter Green cancelled due to illness and Fhina emailed to say they would still come over to visit! Yeah! We chatted in the bar, drank lots of wine, ate tapas and l delighted in her company.

Fhina and I met through our blogs and then our first meeting was in Newcastle in May 2009 when Fhina and I arranged a rendezvous for coffee. Neither of us wanted to end our meeting, so she then accompanied me to the French consulate, to support me in my nervousness. As l had an appointment with The Consul General  for my application and as it turned out, an interview for my french passeport. She acted as chief navigator en route, with husband on the phone as our GPS.

We seemed to have clicked and are most certainly...

                                                                 'seours sous la peau'
She makes me laugh and laugh
she makes me cry
she gets me and l believe l get her
she has empathy and compassion
by the bucket load
she says it how she sees it
with tact and kindness
she has the words
of a true friend  sister

19 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lovely tribute to a friend! It's always so heartening to see people take the time to appreciate one another. I'm very sure she feels just as blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both lucky to have each other. I once thought I had found a "soul sister" but it turned out not to be - at all. Cherish this lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend like that. Her name is Daphne, and she lives in Essex. Surprsingly, we also share a birthday -- same day, different year. And, we were married to brothers, which makes her my sister-in-law, but since neither of us has a "real" sister, that's how we consider ourselves. True friends, and sisters under the skin.
    Canadian Chickadee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE CARLOS SANTANA and so wish he would come back with some new music!

    I am so glad you spent some time with your good "bloggy sister". It's so nice to meet someone with whom you could have a slumber party with on the first night!

    Loved the picture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made me cry, Sara...

    I'm not sure you know how proud I am of you and all you have achieved and your wondrous potential...

    You do 'get' me, and I love you for it, and you! I have begun today to let go of the anger I have been holding, you are soooo right... Am going to sign up for Maureen's online training this month. Thank you from my heart, my darling xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy and proud of you Sazzie. You would not be so loved were you not the terrific person you are. It is a relief for me to know that you have so many people willing and able to 'catch' you should you fall. XXXX

    This comment is made up of the most badly formed sentences that MLS would be horrified to see. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Mum, l really don't give a shit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blisters .. blog sisters ... the best

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post,very uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great it is to meet someone you just "click" with. Sounds like you two have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And this is only the start, Sara! Bless you for your kindness to me, and your sweet, wonderful friendship xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's nothing better than a true friend.
    :-)
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  14. These connections made on-line adding up to such significance in our real lives. I'm happy for you and Fhina and laughing my ass off at that photo.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing better than a true friend.... How true.

    Why do you need a French passport?

    ReplyDelete
  16. sensibilia- click on the links in the post which explains- basically l have dual nationality French British..lucky me huh!


    saz x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh! You are exotic! Mysterious and romantic father....

    ReplyDelete
  18. this makes me smile so much and the french term for it is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x