Wednesday, 7 July 2010

lime meme

Pinched from Lime;


1. What are doing while the football world cup is on?
Watching it. I support Enger-land and La belle France! (and Mexico at a pinch). Now its over bar the shouting, l am knitting, exercising, relaxing and drawing and painting a little as l am off work.

2. What picks you up when you're down?
Gin. Chocolate. Sex.  The laughter of my kids. Not in that order and NOT at the same time.

3. Indian or China...we're talking tea here, not economics...
Not sure which teas come from where…should I? I love Earl Grey 1 part and Assam 2 parts; Ceylon; Peppermint; Camomile and Cinnamon and recently Lady Grey.

4. What do you value most about blogging?
The freedom to get thoughts and words out in an almost cohesive manner; the friendships l’ve made and the support that is proffered and received. An amazing place.

5. What can't you bring yourself to throw out of your wardrobe?
I run a vintage clothing website, so of course I do not do throw away easily.

6. Would you rather someone didn't ask your views on controversial issues?
If they are people l know well and care about, I will answer if asked. But I don’t like to provoke or be provoked just for a reaction, so l don’t ask. There is plenty to talk about without resorting to politics, religion and reductive subjects.

7. Do you recommend people..and then wish you hadn't?
I only say what l mean, and with good intentions, if others fall short, it not my problem.

8. Do you own up to reading light novels, or hide them under the cushions if visitors arrive?
I have a bit of everything! Coffee table books; Art books; books from the classical canon; contemporary literary fiction; a splash of chick-lit (unhidden); poetry; biographies; self help; academic books and more…..

9. Content with your own company or gregarious?
somewhere in the middle. I’m often described as outgoing, LOUD and assertive! But the real me is happy and sociable in favoured company. For a few days l am fine on my own but after that l need to be with friends or family if only for a short while. I have blogged about bedsit land. I hated it. Lonely and alone. Not good.

10. One thing which would noticeably improve your life.
Peace of mind.

12 comments:

  1. It's nic to learn a litle biit about you! Thanks for sharing that information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Sazzie. If and when I ever finish my 'things I like' meme I might steal this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure yet what I will do exactly when the World Cup final is on, but I guess I will be watching it with a big knot in my stomach from hoping the Netherlands will win. I've already got the orange hats...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to Number 10... that is the one thing that I asked for many years ago, and got. Life is now good.
    Nice to come by again... will be back. Oh, and LOVE the picture of your bike in a post you wrote a little while ago... makes me want to do just that. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but I couldn't get past number two. All I could picture when reading it was a drunken woman with chocolate smeared all around her lips, having hot sex, while some kids stood nearby laughing. And then I started laughing, and couldn't go on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my stars, i'm with suldog. #2 was a fantastic answer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet, and I may borrow this, if that's okay? So lovely, I'm sorry I missed this and your poesie. Fabuloso, as always - Mwah!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent points and the details are more specific than elsewhere, thanks.

    - Murk

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey your blog design is very nice, clean and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always enjoy browsing your site.

    - Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very enlightening and beneficial to someone whose been out of the circuit for a long time.

    - Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x