Skip to main content

Strictly Se-VEN!

In the spirit of true friendship, and as I am feeling so thankful for my blogland friends. Words of encouragement, support, advice and real friendship, has grown from the daunting challenge of putting ourselves' out there' and digging deep to find words of expression. Hands reach out and I am in awe of the generosity and selflessness out there!

So I would like to give my very own Soulful Blogger award out to some seriously soulful bloggers.

THE SOULFUL AWARD is for bloggers I find particularly insightful, original, humorous, inspiring and yes soulful!

The online Dictionary definition of soulful is -full of or expressing deep emotion

The Thesaurus offered up these synonyms -ardent, deep, expressive, feeling, fiery, fervid, impassioned, meaningful, moving, passionate, stirred, stirring, tender, touching

Sniffles & Smiles- You are a courageous star, I adore you!

The Blue Kimono- silent but violent!

Nuts in May- deep, often poignant and very eloquent

Expatmum - I'm just so in awe of how many balls she has! In the air!

Alcoholic Daze- for her bravery in the face of adversity

SINK - an inspiration to all parents and mad manic mamas! RESPECT!

Lakeviewer (65whatnow) - I hope l get to be where she is now

Shrinky- it al seems so effortless. (and I know it isn't)
Yesterday I received an award from the tenacious Rosiero and in the spirit of these awards I happily accept and I would like to pass it on to seven other bloggers
Kreativ Blogger Award
  1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
  2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog.
  3. Link the person who nominated you.
  4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
  5. Nominate seven 'Kreativ Bloggers.'
Gosh seven things abut me that l haven't already revealed? And that
which may be of some interest is the difficult one! These may be quite lame!
- I hate wearing a bra! Which wasn't a problem until I had children and grew breasts. Now needs MUST! But I whip it off the moment I get home! Much to the embarrassment of the teenagers.
- I attended school in four different countries; England, Canada, Mexico and the United States.
- I am a qualified hairdresser; accredited bookseller; ex fashion buyer/retail manager; current vintage e-tailer. But I now work in a Museum & Art Gallery!
- I am a bibliophile; collector of old & new handbags & old silk scarves
- I am a hoarder. Well duh!
- I love American imported tv series', currently I'm hooked on House, In Treatment (don't even think it!), Brothers & Sisters, Greys Anatomy and True Blood. But thankfully Spooks is back tonight!
- I have moved home 23 times. So far!
And this award goes to -
House of Lime- Outrageous, hilarious and contagious
A woman of no (sic) importance- as if, our very own Fhina, my backbone at MMM's
Working mum on the verge - the juggling Queen, who still makes time to sing her heart out!
Moments from Suburbia - for her steadfastness, selflessness and friendship
PondParleys - for their dedication to the unity of bloggers on both sides of the Atlantic
Familyaffairs- for managing through adversity (relationships)
Holdingpatterns- she is steadfast, strong, like all good friends

Comments

  1. True Blood! OHmygod! Love that series. (Straighten tie.)

    Leave it to you, Saz, to share love and appreciation. Have a wonderful day!
    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and all the other award winners. I know some of them to be totally deserving, and the ones I don't know, I shall try to visit.
    House? Oh yes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delighted to hear of your justly deserved awards and to hear who you think is important in the blogging world. I shall have to check them out though I already am so overextended now. Isn't it amazing how this wonderful world of blogging friends becomes so special...such wonderfully interesting people who are supportive, write about all sorts of things and are readily accesible at all hours of the day and night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your so deserving award, Saz. And of course congratulations to the new winners as well!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Sweetie! No, I didn't see me there amongst those bright shining stars! New Specs, that's what I need! Thank you so much for this...I'll pass it on!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You so deserve that award .. and your choices of who to pass it along to are equally well chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, love "House", and it is especially good when I get to show someone who doesn't know Hugh Laurie's previous body of work something from his days as Bertie Wooster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A basketful of congratulations to you and all your awardees! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thanks Saz. It is a strange feeling to know I am a soulful person. Well yes, I think I might be!

    I agree about the bra thing. I have been *hanging around* in a dressing gown these past 2 days & the feeling is quite good! Will get dressed & go out tomorrow before I lose my marbles! Better put one on then I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so good to know how much you are loved and admired, my Sazzie.

    Much love to the tall young man and the tall girl with her busted rib-that must have been some fun, huh...what a way to get an injury.

    House rocks, i do agree, and his Bertie Wooster to Stephen Fry's Jeeves...geniuses both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Saz, an award for me and the rest of your friends. Lovely. I love it. Thank you so very much. I had no idea you moved so much. I tell you, you deserve to be where I am. I'll save IT for you. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s. I forgot to congratulate you! You are MOST SOULFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, thank you both for the Expat Mum award and the Pond Parleys one.
    If you knew me you'd know I'm not that soulful and I certainly couldn't pour it onto (virtual) paper the way you can.
    BTW - I still laugh at you letting your tats out as soon as you get home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Saz...you are much too good to me!!! And what a gorgeous award!!! But of course...you are so beautiful and creative...you would dream up such a wonderful award!!!

    I love your list!!! I, too, am a collector...and have moved a lot because...well, just because...but I may need to move again as space for my collecting is swiftly disappearing...LOL...

    You are such an inspiration, Saz...I breath deep when I visit...your honesty and the beauty of your blog and posts feed my soul! Love you! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flipping heck. Don't old men read of some strange things in ladiy blogs.!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the award Saz and to all those to whom you passed it.
    Read the seven things about you with interest and have come to the conclusion that you wave your arms around so furiously in order to get your bra off quicker.
    I'm trying to get Wizard of Oz going again and everyone has ganged up because they want you back in it and not at Cinderella's place. But I am up to my neck in Roasts at the moment so I have put on a 5 part play I wrote to buy me a little time for writing.
    See you soon ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to you and to your fine choices. I know many of them and that tells me you have great taste in bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I concur with your choice of soulful blog recipients! And thank you so much for mine. Rosiero gave it to me too and I'm in the middle of creating my post about it. Keep watching!

    And 23 times!! I couldn't bear it! Or do you just get better at it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. PS Have just 'got' your post title - fab-u-lous darling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, Saz, I rise from my sick-bed to find you've been so busy nursing the sick and fending off awards like a Dame of the British Empire!

    Merci mille ma coeur... Bless you, well done - Love you witless - Fhi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dearest Saz...
    Just checking in to see how you are, girlfriend...Love you so much, and hope that your week hasn't been too hectic!!! You are in my thoughts! Love you! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally with you on the bra front. But at least I don't have teenagers to worry about. Just the husband.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a colorful award!!
    ♪♫ ✿ *•.。.☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•☆.。.•*✿ ♫♪

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Saz, what a wonderful surprise! Thank you so much, youve wrapped a great big smile around my heart. Ooh, I love True Blood too, and Spooks! And I only wear a bra for special occassions, about once in a blue moon - I truly hate the stinkers. My goodness, you are well travelled, and as for all those house moves - eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  25. so sorry to be getting here so very late. work has been kicking me in the bum lately.

    thanks so much for the kind words and award though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x

Popular posts from this blog

Tesco - every little helps

Last year I bought myself a new camera online from Tesco. One of those emails arrived in my inbox with a 'deal of the day'  and for me the camera was the dog bollocks, in as much as it had a large 8 mega pixel whatsit .... and a large LCD, and yes I do like things big.. say no more! Oh and it is red! which is almost as good as purple but not quite, like size colour of inanimate objects does matter. It was a great price and the bonus was that it came with a, yes you guessed it, large  memory card. Total cost £74.
It arrived quickly but not with the promised memory card, so I contacted Tesco and they apologised, told me they'd run out and would credit me for the cost of the memory card. I found to my surprise a credit of £36.99 in my bank account, so the camera was only £37! I bought the same memory card from Amazon for a few pounds only, so a  result, thank you Tesco!
A few weeks ago my girlfriend's washing machine broke down in its last month before the 12 month warranty…

What a difference....

a year makes!

It has taken me the better part of the last month, to access my blogs (and Moannie's) as I feared it had alas been removed from the ether. Playing around with passwords and email addresses...I'm in again.

My last post , just 10 months ago...burst my seams, as again I realised how so much has changed!

I'm still,  in my new wee home, with Joey (dog) and Monty (cat).

My lovely son has returned from uni in the USA, attained a First Class degree and started work in London last Autumn as a writer...the world his oyster for the taking! My hero!

My beautiful daughter is in Leeds, amid her Midwifery degree, working at a Brazilian first class restaurant, all loved up with the Spanish Chef.... a meeting is on the cards AND he is taking her to meet his Mama is Spain this summer, so must be serious methinks! So proud!

My hugely supportive brother (TOAOS) is living contently in the Garden of England with his wife and Harry the cutest dog!!

My younger and what a stunner sis…

moments...

..and here we are firmly into a new year and I am sitting up wide awake in bed, yet again... I am reflecting upon what was in 2013 and what wasn't.

The 'what wasn'ts ' are left where they are, filed and duly noted, I shall unremember them.

However for the 'what was' ' and that which I choose to bring with me into 2014, are the things that are memorable, enriching, happy and surprising, be them the tiniest fragment of joy or the biggest new thing on the block!

I didn't get off to a great start in January as we had only recently lost Mumma a few months before, the countdown to my son's second year of uni starting mud summer in the States and i was in the middle of a roller-coaster of negotiations trying to secure a business lease and plan for a potential opening. I wasn't at my best and i was running low on fuel.

However as always when faced with a challenge I was defiant and rose to several occasions, decisions with all the positivity I could mus…