After work tomorrow, I shall be driving to Kent. Alone. To visit with my parents. We will talk, eat, drink, shop, relax, laugh and even perhaps cry a bit. We may paint some views, take some photos and watch some tv or films. My ever increasing backside will be fed by mother's FAB cooking and I will hesitate at the third helping. But only for a nano second. Oh and I will spoiled rotten. Never to lift a finger. Though I shall try hard to help out. I shall stay a few days and drive back on Monday. At least 5lbs heavier. All on my waist and arse! I like to think I shall be missed. I doubt I will.
I posted this back in August. I got scared. l think I was being silly. Here it is again. See you soon.
1. I am a blogger and my blog name is Fat frumpy & fifty.
2. My family call me Sarita, Saz, Sazzie, Sarabelle, Lala and Mum.
3. I have lived in England, France, Mexico, Canada, USA and Spain.
4. I have also visited Italy, Tunisia, Scotland, oh and Belgium (we took a wrong turn and l was asleep, does that count?) and Greece.
5. I used to speak French and Spanish (Mexican-Spanish though l am terribly, terribly rusty in both)
6. I love the sunshine and dry warm weather
7. I don’t enjoy living in wet, damp, windy and cold climates
8. I live in Cumbria.
9. I was conceived in Barcelona.
10. I miss my grandmother, Iris Eleanor Young (June)
11. I adore visiting Art Galleries and Museums.
12. I’m addicted to books, reading them, holding them, smelling them, owning them.
13. Ditto for handbags, especially vintage handbags.
14. I haven’t counted them but I guess l have around 100
15. I have two children, a daughter of 17 and a son of 14.
16. I love going to the cinema
17. I love watching a film at home
18. I have rekindled my interest in gardening
19. I love the smell of the sea, the seaside in Kent.
20. I love feeling the hot sand under foot (not in Kent)
21. Smelling the washing that has been blown dry on a line, lovely! (not in Cumbria)
22. I like to eat, the pleasure of eating, the event, the taste, it’s a sensual thing for me, it’s part of my upbringing, its those long French meal times
23. I like to do most things 'creative', to paint, draw, sculpt, mosaic, stitch, quilt, etc.
24. The French singer Johnny Hallyday is a not so secret passion, since I was 10 yrs old.
25. My favourite colour is purple and all its hues.
26. I am passionate about Vintage clothing, its history is mesmerising real or imagined.
27. I spent a large part of my life in a south of England seaside town in Kent
28. I have attended five schools, two colleges and am currently study with the Open University.
29. I read and review books for a readers’ magazine.
30. I used to be a breast feeding counsellor
31. I’ve been in the same relationship for 27 years (or 34 if you count the breaks like Rachel & Ross)
32. I’m not very even tempered, l'm either really enthusiastic or quite low, even depressed, rarely relaxed or calm, what is that about?
33. I think l must be difficult to live with
34. I think everyone must be difficult to live with
35. I am probably a bit obsessive compulsive, its all or nothing with me
36. I cry at sad things, reading newspapers, blogs, on tv, radio and most of the happy things too
37. I wish l laughed more, it feels so good
38. I was an awful school student, uninspired, no study ethic, couldn’t wait to leave
39. I wish I had been a good student, inspired by great teachers and subjects
40. I wanted to go to art school
41. I value my friends! You know who you are!
42. I have been made redundant four times, all in the 1980’s
43. I am a qualified hair stylist
44. I used to work in a bookshop
45. I passed the Diploma of Uk Booksellers with merit
46. I used to be a Fashion buyer and in retail management
47. I love hot pulsating showers and soaking in deep hot bath tubs
48. I love Steak au poivre, chateaubriand and beef wellington
49. I love crushed raspberries, meringues and whipped cream, all mushed up!
50. I love Galaxy chocolate
51. I eat too much chocolate
52. I am 50
53. I love my bed
54. I would love to have a duvet day alone
55. Or for two
56. I don’t like housework, but it has to be done
57. I love the smell of my babies’ skin, necks and heads, even now
58. My favourite black and white films are Random Harvest, it’s a Wonderful life & Brief Encounter
59. I love Christmas time, the planning, buying and wrapping of presents
60. It is better to give than receive
61. I wish l were happier
62. I’m not sure that’s possible
63. I want my children to be happy and healthy always, I guess that’s a given!
64. I am married to a Scot
65. I have had four broken bones: knee cap- l fell, collar bone -I was pushed, toe- something fell on me, cracked nose ( too complicated and embarrassing to go in to!)
66. I recently severed a nerve in my finger and had micro surgery to repair it
67. The finger is still numb
68. I adore Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No1, played very loud
69. I would like to attend a live orchestra playing no. 69.(you know what l mean)
70. I used to dislike country music, coffee and cream, not anymore.
71. I have tried to learn the guitar and piano and failed
72. I used to play the recorder
73. I went to a Catholic girls’ convent school for 6 years
74. I always fainted in Chapel during Benediction, it was the incense (or me)
75. I am not a catholic, but feel I am sort of, it’s complicated.
76. I am interested in Buddhism and other ‘spiritual’ paths
77. I would like to be ‘a glass half full’ kinda girl
78. I spend too much time online
79. I miss my dog Butch and our dog Barney
80. I like old brown furniture, painted white
81. I have had measles, German measles, chicken pox, slapped cheek disease, a touch of tuberculosis/whopping cough, influenza.
82. I don’t like pubs and clubs, l’m always uncomfortable.
83. I did enjoy them in my 20’s though, it must have been a phase
84. I get pissed on two drinks (red wine or G&T) maybe it’s my age
85. Rufus Wainwright is my current music obsession
86. If l could I would travel, travel, travel.
87. I’ve been in several earthquakes, one was quite a biggie. I was a child and found it exciting
88. I’ve seen a tornado from a distance, again I was a child and found it exciting
89. During the 1968 student riots, we had to evacuate my Mexican school as the students were about to over run it. Tanks were on the streets.
90. I am scared of the dark
91. My maternal grandmother was a dancer, she partnered Victor Sylvester and was a Phyllis Dixie tableaux nude.
92. I was my happiest when I was pregnant.
93. As a teenager my Dad delivered groceries to the artist Picasso. He didn’t have any cash on him for a tip, so gave my father a drawing and signed it. My father thought he wasn’t impressed and threw it away. DOH!
94. I can't hear 'Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini', without thinking of my mother fondly.
95. As a child l would have nose bleeds that lasted for 3-4 hours, my nose was cauterised twice
96. In 1968 I travelled with my family on QE1 liner on its final transatlantic journey.
97. I’m strive to me a better mother.
98. l'm a fan of US drama programmes
99. I cycle, weather permitting, about town on my old Pashley bicycle.
100. I love to make lists, so this was fun and a tad revealing