Tuesday, 3 February 2009

The 'George Carlin' Theory

Today it was very quiet at work, we know why, I just posted about it. I have been reading a transactional therapy book.  Specifically considering looking at things from different perspectives  and towards the end I read this .... and it  made me laugh right out loud. I hope you like it.

The 'George Carlin' Theory

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean,
life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get
at the end of it? A Death. What's that, a bonus? 
I think the life cycle is all backwards.You should die first, get it out of the way. 
Then you live in an old age home. 
You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch and you go to work.
You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities. You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, spend your last nine months floating ... and you finish off as an orgasm!

Firstly, this wasn't written by George Carlin, 
nor as far as is known performed by him,
 but it is in the style of the late great George Carlin.
It occurs to me that it also resembles the story of Benjamin Button!

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant and made me smile. If only eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Saz. What's Transactional?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful. Really, it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very profound, Saz! And Benjamin Button as a concept has me puzzled, and the film trailers don't help!

    I have google-mailed you the 40 questions aujourd'hui, mon amie, plus the additional 5 - Hope that's okay - How did you get on with the 6 words to sum up your memoirs?!

    Fabulous Saz's Attic-Filling Blogland Adventures?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If George Carlin didn't say this, he should have. Sounds just like him. I loved his black humor and I'm sad he's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Meg Ryan's faked orgasm might be the best acting she's ever done ... and Mr Carlin is greatly missed ... I wonder who did write that .. it IS very reminiscent of Benjamin Button ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't go wrong finishing with an orgasm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh God yes, I'm with George...all the way
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked Benjamin Button for the most part. Though it seems that he should have been a full-size baby at death...

    The short story is pretty good, and definitely was only an inspiration for the movie. The movie has been... embellished. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would be my kind of death!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not commenting on the post, just the fact that on scrolling down I saw your avatar. LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x