Skip to main content

Fhina's Meme - Part 2

22. You have George W. Bush and Osama bin Laden locked in a small room together. It's airtight so both the guys are gonna suffocate anyway, but what amusing weapon do you give them to make it more entertaining? a grenade
23. The Angel of Death has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Angel of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. Whatcha gonna do in that half-hour? Have a last supper with all my family and friends.
24. Truthfully, what underwear are you currently wearing? Flesh coloured undies, my bra comes off the moment I get home. Too much information, sorry!
25. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be. Mrs. Freeze the power to freeze all the bad guys
26. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again? The first 15 minutes of each of my childrens lives.
27. Moses trips on his robe and drops the stone tablets (Moses sounds as clumsy as I am!). Commandment number eleven is broken off. He leaves it there as his back is killing him (...ditto!). What does it say?
Thou shall not be able to keep all these commandments - predictable l guess.
28.You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be? Erase the year 1996
29. Rufus reappears with the time machine and a custard pie. Who's gonna get it? BUSH
30. You got kicked out of the country for being a time-travelling heathen who sleeps with celebrities and has super-powers. But you can move to anywhere else in the world! What country are you going to live in now? Mais la belle france, tous sais!
31. What part of your body would you change (no, you are NOT perfect; you gotta answer this one) and why? 20/20 vision
32. You have been eternally banned from every single bar in the world except for ONE. Which one is it gonna be?   actually l couldnt care less!
3. What's the last thing you ate? a huge plate of cabbage, carrots and suede with butter and craked pepper, yes really!
34. Hopefully you didn’t mention this in the super-powers question…. If you did, then we’ll just expand on that. Suddenly, you have gained the ability to float. Who are you going to show this to first? these guys,
35. The constant absorption of magical moonbeams mixed with the radioactive vegetables you consumed earlier has given you the ability to resurrect the dead celebrity of your choice. So which celebrity will you bring back to life? It's that cabbage isn't it, predictable again, sorry, Princess Diana! I'd love to see their faces!! Hah!
36. The Celestial Gates of Beyond have opened, much to your surprise because you didn’t think such a thing existed. Death appears. As it turns out, once again Death is actually a pretty cool entity, and happens to be in a fantastic mood. Death offers to return the friend/family-member/person, etc. of your choice to the living world. Who will you bring back? My maternal grandfather, as my mum didn't know him, she was four when he died.
38 When did you last have sex? Why?
39. Buffy, Willow or Xander? Hugh of course, duh!

AND TO END WITH 5 EXTRA QUESTIONS POSED BY FHINA, so l've added them onto this, so now l'm done ok!! Help yourself to any or all!

1. What is your favourite room in your home, and why? As this home is fairly new to us, and is so much smaller than our old farmhouse. I haven't any of MY furniture in this place, nor is it decorated in purples hues, yet. So I will have to say that the garden is my favourite place, as I can at least plant and grow my vegetables. SO hurry up spring!!



2. Which season of the year do you love most, and please tell us a memory you have about why that season is your most favourite? I adore a warm summers evening. I have many memories of evenings spent lazily, or walking on a beach in semi darkness with the children still playing in the sand. One of my favourite, was before children, sitting high above Keri, Zakynthos, watching the sunset with Larry and two friends, 1989. sigh!

3. Saz, you are a very creative person, so can you tell us your own tips for fashion in the coming season, including vintage of course? Vintage is always in fashion in my book! I like to watch and listen of the news and the fashion mags. I use Vogue, Harpers , Gracia etc and then dilute the look down to a few basics to add to my wardrobe to the website. Current fashion themes with a vintage twist. I usually have something in storage or else I source the item and use it for the relevant season. For example, last season tartan was big I bought a 1960's tartan fringed cape; luxe is still big, so anything glitzy, glam in gold. If in doubt source a vintage handbag for a current look with a history. Try to get an 80's qulited bag which is very big now, or an ostrich skin bag, again very current. My BIG tip for this year, silk scarves, knotted to your bag, I don't ever leave home without one.

4. In the film of your long and erudite life, which actress would you choose to would play you, and why? Realistically it would have to be Caroline Quentin, but for Hollywood, Juliette Binoche or Tamsin Greg, depending on the script!
5. Please tell us where you would like to be in 5 years time, the sights, sounds and smells, and what you plan to be doing? Simply, Healthy, hearty, happy in heart and mind.

Thanks Fhina, hope I did them justice!


Comments

  1. I like the way you ask for 20/20 vision, then use a type font the size if which is guaranteed to cause squinting?! Did you get your wish, I wonder? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry Jinks!! When I copy text form another blog, it just gets so large, I tried to reduce it, too much so I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew!!!!!!!

    I have two Interviews to prepare now I feel very inadequate...those were stonking questions. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Freeze - Absolutely fantastic - And that pic of Hugh Jackman - Puurrrr!

    I loved it, Saz, you were wonderful, thankyou so much, and I shall now be hunting out those vintage silk scarves for my handbag now - A great tip!
    I wish I'd hung on to my (faux) eighties' quilted Chanel bag now!

    Your garden is really lovely...

    I love Caroline Quentin, and could see easily see you in Juliette, or indeed Anjelica Houston - the world beauty - to play you from your eightieth year onwards...

    Dawn French could easily play me! You are so clever - Well done! Mwah x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x

Popular posts from this blog

Tesco - every little helps

Last year I bought myself a new camera online from Tesco. One of those emails arrived in my inbox with a 'deal of the day'  and for me the camera was the dog bollocks, in as much as it had a large 8 mega pixel whatsit .... and a large LCD, and yes I do like things big.. say no more! Oh and it is red! which is almost as good as purple but not quite, like size colour of inanimate objects does matter. It was a great price and the bonus was that it came with a, yes you guessed it, large  memory card. Total cost £74.
It arrived quickly but not with the promised memory card, so I contacted Tesco and they apologised, told me they'd run out and would credit me for the cost of the memory card. I found to my surprise a credit of £36.99 in my bank account, so the camera was only £37! I bought the same memory card from Amazon for a few pounds only, so a  result, thank you Tesco!
A few weeks ago my girlfriend's washing machine broke down in its last month before the 12 month warranty…

What a difference....

a year makes!

It has taken me the better part of the last month, to access my blogs (and Moannie's) as I feared it had alas been removed from the ether. Playing around with passwords and email addresses...I'm in again.

My last post , just 10 months ago...burst my seams, as again I realised how so much has changed!

I'm still,  in my new wee home, with Joey (dog) and Monty (cat).

My lovely son has returned from uni in the USA, attained a First Class degree and started work in London last Autumn as a writer...the world his oyster for the taking! My hero!

My beautiful daughter is in Leeds, amid her Midwifery degree, working at a Brazilian first class restaurant, all loved up with the Spanish Chef.... a meeting is on the cards AND he is taking her to meet his Mama is Spain this summer, so must be serious methinks! So proud!

My hugely supportive brother (TOAOS) is living contently in the Garden of England with his wife and Harry the cutest dog!!

My younger and what a stunner sis…

moments...

..and here we are firmly into a new year and I am sitting up wide awake in bed, yet again... I am reflecting upon what was in 2013 and what wasn't.

The 'what wasn'ts ' are left where they are, filed and duly noted, I shall unremember them.

However for the 'what was' ' and that which I choose to bring with me into 2014, are the things that are memorable, enriching, happy and surprising, be them the tiniest fragment of joy or the biggest new thing on the block!

I didn't get off to a great start in January as we had only recently lost Mumma a few months before, the countdown to my son's second year of uni starting mud summer in the States and i was in the middle of a roller-coaster of negotiations trying to secure a business lease and plan for a potential opening. I wasn't at my best and i was running low on fuel.

However as always when faced with a challenge I was defiant and rose to several occasions, decisions with all the positivity I could mus…