Skip to main content

Things I've Done

Being a compulsive list maker, this appealed bigtime, check it out over at Michelle's, she had a list of things people can do. You bold the ones on the list that you've done

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band- school band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland (Disney World)
8. Climbed a mountain- does Arthurs seat count or  a Fell
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- it was cosed but I got there
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill 
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon- Run for life
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - I WISH
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run -in rounders
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (in general)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - at the V&A
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt -  Popocatelpetl smoke
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa- the continent Tunisia
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted - In Montmartre
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- I WISH
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching-porpoises
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - a book review
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House - well outside on Penn ave!
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life- given blood
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day 
I think thats 73 or there abouts..

Comments

  1. Hi - That's a lot of things to have done :) Thanks for linking to me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can add the Alamo, didn't we include that, or was it just pop and I? Great list Saz...Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list. must do this myself. thanks for following me. i have enjoyed your irreverent sense of humor immensely thanks for allowing me to peep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another kindred spirit that the computer conjured out of the air! Can't believe how much I'd been missing, by not travelling in blogland before...I have already applied for a season ticket to allow unlimited treks in future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has nothing to do with your post, but I wanted to share it:

    Take magnesium supplements so you can get rid of migraines. Low magnesium is a huge culprit of migraines! Magnesium glycinate is the best. It may take a few weeks of daily use for your body to get its' stores back up, but being headache-free is SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These things are fun, but more so when the writer goes into very exacting detail. So, as concerns #26...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna swipe this 'cos my brain's still hurting from New Year's Eve excesses and I can't think of a thing to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How bloody depressing. I thought I was leading quite a full life, but that list has put paid to that little misapprehension! Pah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list!!! It includes a lot of things that I haven't done yet... I'm already feeling tired, only because of start thinking about... rsrs
    Sorry for my limited English!
    Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, I forgot to say: I love the photo "Me and the kids"!!! Very beautiful!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. frumpy, I thought we were supposed to count how many we had done? Anyway, I had the pathetic score of 19! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well...now you've got me wondering just how many of those things I've accomplished...or not. I'm thinking nowhere near as many as what you have!

    I've tagged you in my January 3rd post should you want to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I admire you. You have lived and have a lot to take with you.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find it strange that I keep seeing visit an Amish community on a list like this. What is it that we're supposed to get from this that we're not getting day to day on our home. Curious, don't you think?

    Impressive list. I fear mine would be a lot less highlighted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x

Popular posts from this blog

Tesco - every little helps

Last year I bought myself a new camera online from Tesco. One of those emails arrived in my inbox with a 'deal of the day'  and for me the camera was the dog bollocks, in as much as it had a large 8 mega pixel whatsit .... and a large LCD, and yes I do like things big.. say no more! Oh and it is red! which is almost as good as purple but not quite, like size colour of inanimate objects does matter. It was a great price and the bonus was that it came with a, yes you guessed it, large  memory card. Total cost £74.
It arrived quickly but not with the promised memory card, so I contacted Tesco and they apologised, told me they'd run out and would credit me for the cost of the memory card. I found to my surprise a credit of £36.99 in my bank account, so the camera was only £37! I bought the same memory card from Amazon for a few pounds only, so a  result, thank you Tesco!
A few weeks ago my girlfriend's washing machine broke down in its last month before the 12 month warranty…

What a difference....

a year makes!

It has taken me the better part of the last month, to access my blogs (and Moannie's) as I feared it had alas been removed from the ether. Playing around with passwords and email addresses...I'm in again.

My last post , just 10 months ago...burst my seams, as again I realised how so much has changed!

I'm still,  in my new wee home, with Joey (dog) and Monty (cat).

My lovely son has returned from uni in the USA, attained a First Class degree and started work in London last Autumn as a writer...the world his oyster for the taking! My hero!

My beautiful daughter is in Leeds, amid her Midwifery degree, working at a Brazilian first class restaurant, all loved up with the Spanish Chef.... a meeting is on the cards AND he is taking her to meet his Mama is Spain this summer, so must be serious methinks! So proud!

My hugely supportive brother (TOAOS) is living contently in the Garden of England with his wife and Harry the cutest dog!!

My younger and what a stunner sis…

moments...

..and here we are firmly into a new year and I am sitting up wide awake in bed, yet again... I am reflecting upon what was in 2013 and what wasn't.

The 'what wasn'ts ' are left where they are, filed and duly noted, I shall unremember them.

However for the 'what was' ' and that which I choose to bring with me into 2014, are the things that are memorable, enriching, happy and surprising, be them the tiniest fragment of joy or the biggest new thing on the block!

I didn't get off to a great start in January as we had only recently lost Mumma a few months before, the countdown to my son's second year of uni starting mud summer in the States and i was in the middle of a roller-coaster of negotiations trying to secure a business lease and plan for a potential opening. I wasn't at my best and i was running low on fuel.

However as always when faced with a challenge I was defiant and rose to several occasions, decisions with all the positivity I could mus…