Skip to main content

Should she Sushi?

Unfortunately we only get half an hour for our lunch  break at work, whether we work a 8.20-5.30 shift or a 9.45-3.30 shift - and that's another issue in itself. Most often I take a prepared chilled lunch or sarnie but yesterday l didn't, AND I needed to pop along into the city centre to buy a couple of things. Which means that unless I try and unceremoniously stuff my face whilst I'm walking, I won't get to eat.  I was particularly in need of sustenance and so I grabbed a bottle of water and as there were no sandwiches in the chiller I grabbed a small tray of assorted sushi. I haven't ever had sushi and I guess you are thinking ugh!!! some prepacked, probably disgusting impression of sushi and a food poisoning alert! Not a good way to try Sushi or something that even resembles Sushi!! But that isn't what l'm going to tell you actually.

The thing is in the Museum we cannot eat on duty, (the odd sweet maybe) but patrolling the galleries of the museum is serious stuff I'll have you know and it just won't do. With walkie talkie in hand or attached to my person usually waistband, my keys, their keys, my diary in hand, a surreptitious book placed under the arm - for the quiet dead periods such as now, my mobile phone vibrating under me bra strap (as you do, and l know there is a joke there somewhere but I ain't going there) there isn't much chance of eating anyway. So enough rules are bent there then! To compound the wrong by eating on duty it would,  if caught by one of our Managers bring  a stern word at least, a warning at the most, plus I wouldn't like it much either. 

So what's a girl to do in this situation? I decided l would pop it all into the cupboard where we keep the charts and stationary and other items we use regularly throughout the shift.

A small chair appeared in there a while back and the chair is known to be ' Trudi's chair' as it is universally acknowledged that Trudi will spend her cherished lunch break in M&S and then eat her lunch in the cupboard. She thinks no one knows but even the management know it. They turn a blind eye l guess, but that doesn't mean FFF has to do it, until yesterday. I was so hungry, my sushi and the banana l found in my locker would do me and the cupboard would be the place to assuage my hunger.

I checked no one was about, and in the cupboard I tenderly unwrapped the tray, opened it and poured the sauce? soy over the sushi ( don't panic these didn't have any visible signs of fish or shellfish in them) l then slathered the wasabi and the pickled stem ginger on each of the 8 delicacies - I use the term loosely of course as they were prepared in Salford and I don't know what l'm talking about! 

As l turned to throw the packaging into the bin I caught the edge of the tray of sushi and the lot fell onto the floor! 

'Aw Shit!'  I muttered, closed my eyes then opened them hoping something was still in tact on the tray. Not  a bit of it, the small sushi parcels had unravelled and each piece of rice and whatever the other bits were had scattered all over the dusty, dirty concrete floor!  Not one bit was left for me to eat. I took the evidence home with me to throw away. 

Today while I was passing through the gallery a colleague said to me 'there's a funny smell in the cupboard FFF did you notice it yesterday?' 

Before I had a second to fess up I heard myself saying, ' No, I didn't notice it!'

Moral of the story? Dear FFF,  it is just a fact that you cannot get away with bending or breaking any rules, you never have been able to, so don't bother trying, oh and make a packed lunch for yourself!

thanks David!! Author blog award

Comments

  1. What a shame. I was going to ask you what it tasted like. I have often been tempted to try it as it seems to be growing in popularity and there are a lot of sushi bars about. But I always chicken out from buying some in case I really don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you! Bet your tummy rumbled by home time...did you resort to cannibalism, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a waste of beautiful, expensive sushi - :(
    I eat it whenever I can... love it. Start perhaps with Teriyaki chicken if the fish worries you...

    I love them all, especially any with avocado... which reminds me of a warning about wasabi. I grabbed some once on the run and I was driving! I smeared the wasabi on to one of the rolls as I sat at the lights, but it landed up as a blob; when I bit into it, the entire blob came in at once. I sat at the traffic lights, eyes streaming, head prickling and wanting to lift off, then panicing as I realised the lights were going to change and I could not see or concentrate to drive. Not a nice moment. I am grateful the lights took a long time to change that day and I was able to compose myself, drive over the road and stop safely. Lesson learned; I no longer drive and sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saz, that is so funny, but is just the sort of thing that happens to me - My mum used to call me Calamity Jane - but I am vegetarian, so at least you would not get fishy the smell in the cupboard. You poor thing...

    Enjoy Strictly tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sushi - like brovril...you either love it or hate it :) Also i feel it might be like kebab... in that it taste better when i've had a drink or too. Or am i completely wrong?! haha

    Have a great time at Strictly! Im so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! I could never get away with anything like that either, I'd always get caught.
    Just a mouldy black banana for lunch then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dear, what a shame, but didn't you apply the 10 second rule

    ReplyDelete
  8. nota bene- the 10 second rule!! of course instead of gawping at the mess l should have eaten it HUH? LOL-

    Suburbia- I couldnt get intot he bloody banana, it was so far gone l couldnt get it open and it just got all squishy and made me feel sick, l settled for the bottle of water!

    rosiero- I'm soo chicken its untrue...

    jinksy- no cannibalism but l would if pushed, or in the Andes consider it...

    so say what sushi...maybe one day l'll try it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby and son love sushi - even the kind that comes in packages from the store. It's not my thing, but I'm still so sorry you didn't get yours!

    Do you think Trudi will get blamed for the funny smell??

    Peace - D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get shop sushi all the time and I've not died. It's not as good as a proper sushi as the shop ones tend to undercook the rice to make it last longer and stay firm but it's perfectly acceptable. Shops wouldn't dare use raw fish in a sushi plate anyways - it's all cooked shrimp, smoked salmon and mackerel and tuna-mayonnaise. So Britishified it's a new product. Like Chicken Tikka Masala.

    To be honest - I avoid the ones that are mostly cucumber rolls because often the cucumber has gone smushy.

    Give it another try one day, or better yet make your own! I'll show you how if you want. Fill it with whatever you want! My brats like it with ham and carrot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had the supermarket packs of sushi, and they are ok. I enjoy them but know they are light years away from fresh sushi which is heaven's good, especially sashimi which I could eat til it comes out my ears.
    We have nowhere within a million miles ( well- Manchester or Newcastle) where you can get good sushi. Yo- Sushi is one of my favourite places to eat.
    Loved the cupboard story- but what a shame!! I agree- it is an impossible thing to eat on the hoof. I have had many a problem with it while in the car ( as a passenger I hasten to add)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was so funny Sazzie, and such a shame that all that gorgeous food fell on the floor [Sod's law strikes again] We will def. go to Yo Sushi if we meet in London for Dancing on Ice, I just love it, and Hairy Prawns are to die for.

    Sending the pearls tomorrow XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why is it when you're doing something you shouldn't it all goes tits up? Or in your case tits down! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sushi from Salford? I think you had a lucky escape!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, shucks, er, Sushi! :-(
    Low calories diet, if there ever was one!

    There's a place in DC where the teachers still know me as one of the Sushi girls. During lunch break, a friend and I used to hurry over to the suhsi take-out (which actually had the best Sushi in the Nation's Capital!) and order a dozen avocado sushi to share (no raw fish for us, see, we were young back then).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I THINK L MAY HAVE HAD A LUCKY ESCAPE...

    THE CUPBOARD DOESN'T SMELL TOO BAD NOW...

    AND LYVIE F YOU WANT T SEND ANY TIPS L MAY HAVE A GO..
    I
    MOANNIE, WILL TAKE YOU UP ON YO SUSHI IF WE GET TO LONDON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That must have been pricey as well. Wonder what Trudi thought? Has it put her off the cupboard? It's really annoying not having somewhere decent to eat. If you get the chance the M&S cafe is not too bad. The staff in there are really friendly! Better luck next time Hx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful stuff. Haven't tried the sushi myself and don't think I fancy it either but eating in a cupboard takes me back to the days I used to be a legal secretary in Manchester city centre. Bloody awful job it was too!!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha!! Sounds like something I would do...
    I was imagining the God-awful smell as I was reading your wonderful post! haha X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very funny.. Son loves this stuff and eats it every day for lunch. I've eaten it only once and it was fine - I wouldn't care to sweep it up though! M :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi FFF,
    I'm back again to congratulate you on David's Post Of The Day!
    I knew this was a winner!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  22. 情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,視訊聊天室,情趣,情趣用品,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,遊戲,線上遊戲,cs online,搓麻將,矽谷麻將,明星三缺一, 橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,電玩快打情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情竹園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,色情影片,情趣內衣,情趣睡衣,性感睡衣,情趣商品,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室 ,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080苗栗人聊天室,080聊天室,視訊交友網,視訊借錢,黃金,黃金回收,黃金價格,黃金買賣,當舖A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載,成人網站,做愛,自拍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x

Popular posts from this blog

Tesco - every little helps

Last year I bought myself a new camera online from Tesco. One of those emails arrived in my inbox with a 'deal of the day'  and for me the camera was the dog bollocks, in as much as it had a large 8 mega pixel whatsit .... and a large LCD, and yes I do like things big.. say no more! Oh and it is red! which is almost as good as purple but not quite, like size colour of inanimate objects does matter. It was a great price and the bonus was that it came with a, yes you guessed it, large  memory card. Total cost £74.
It arrived quickly but not with the promised memory card, so I contacted Tesco and they apologised, told me they'd run out and would credit me for the cost of the memory card. I found to my surprise a credit of £36.99 in my bank account, so the camera was only £37! I bought the same memory card from Amazon for a few pounds only, so a  result, thank you Tesco!
A few weeks ago my girlfriend's washing machine broke down in its last month before the 12 month warranty…

What a difference....

a year makes!

It has taken me the better part of the last month, to access my blogs (and Moannie's) as I feared it had alas been removed from the ether. Playing around with passwords and email addresses...I'm in again.

My last post , just 10 months ago...burst my seams, as again I realised how so much has changed!

I'm still,  in my new wee home, with Joey (dog) and Monty (cat).

My lovely son has returned from uni in the USA, attained a First Class degree and started work in London last Autumn as a writer...the world his oyster for the taking! My hero!

My beautiful daughter is in Leeds, amid her Midwifery degree, working at a Brazilian first class restaurant, all loved up with the Spanish Chef.... a meeting is on the cards AND he is taking her to meet his Mama is Spain this summer, so must be serious methinks! So proud!

My hugely supportive brother (TOAOS) is living contently in the Garden of England with his wife and Harry the cutest dog!!

My younger and what a stunner sis…

moments...

..and here we are firmly into a new year and I am sitting up wide awake in bed, yet again... I am reflecting upon what was in 2013 and what wasn't.

The 'what wasn'ts ' are left where they are, filed and duly noted, I shall unremember them.

However for the 'what was' ' and that which I choose to bring with me into 2014, are the things that are memorable, enriching, happy and surprising, be them the tiniest fragment of joy or the biggest new thing on the block!

I didn't get off to a great start in January as we had only recently lost Mumma a few months before, the countdown to my son's second year of uni starting mud summer in the States and i was in the middle of a roller-coaster of negotiations trying to secure a business lease and plan for a potential opening. I wasn't at my best and i was running low on fuel.

However as always when faced with a challenge I was defiant and rose to several occasions, decisions with all the positivity I could mus…