Sunday, 21 December 2008

With a little help from my friends!


I found upon my return from Kent that another fellow woman of Kent 'Sass' has honoured me with an award.
This is a lovely award as it's a more personal award and I am thrilled to be given it, Thanks Sass!



This is the thinking behind this particular award:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

I am very happy to pass this on to some very special people whom I have come to think of as 'friends' virtual or otherwise. If you haven't met them already pop by sometime soon!

One day I would like to meet them all for real!

PoeticLicence- the wise one, she is so funny too!

Suburbia and Familyaffairs - we all seem to have much in common!
Alcoholic Daze - the one who makes me laugh and cry and to whom I send a virtual (hug)

David authorblog - the one who inspires and warms my heart and mind daily

Beautiful Spectrum- she shines like a star

Suldog - the entertainer

Merisi - with whom I escape

I get by with a little help from my friends - Lennon/McCartney

15 comments:

  1. Oh i'd love to meet some of the bloggers on here. Its weird how you get to know someone really well, even to the point of visualising them but you have, in fact, never met them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Saz, what an honour, thank you so much. I would like to meet you to in a non virtual world someday X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on your award.......

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the honour. It's a wonderful thing to know that things we write and photograph and put together on our blogs are appreciated.

    Merci, merci ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am touched,
    thank you so very much,
    I feel truly honoured!

    I put up our Christmas tree today, travelling tomorrow to visit my mother who is in the hospital. My online time's been very limited, will be back after Christmas, for sure!

    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Saz thank you, what a lovely thing to do and say! You made me smile today thank you :)

    And yes it would be great to meet up in the world out side the world of 'blogger' :)

    Have a wonderful christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much!! How lovely - have a fab xmas with your wonderful kids Lx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ff&f, left out in the cold, as per usual, but I don't care, you've given me something to aim for, next Christmas. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so honored! Thanks so much, and congratulations on getting this award yourself!

    Peace - D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I surely do appreciate the award, but one sentence in "the rules" makes me believe that I shouldn't be eligible for it:

    They are not interested in self-aggrandizement.

    Me? Not interested in self-aggrandizement? I don't think you've been reading my stuff very carefully. Nevertheless, I shall take the award and pretend that I deserve it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good choices there and many are my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stinking billy- there are too many people deserving of these award thingies...took me three days to whittle down the list...

    Halo- a pleasure!

    Suldog- yes I thought that myself when I got the award, I guess we are all guilty a tiny bit of aggrandizement just by starting a blog in the first place...but I think that we dont post just for the ego and introspection, for the greater good... perhaps..a bit..LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x