Wednesday, 26 November 2008

Retirement

I was sent this yesterday and I thought I would share it...









Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day my wife and I went into town and went into a shop.

We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.


We went up to him and said, 'Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?'

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a turd. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tyres.

So my wife called him a shit-head. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by bus. We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I only hope I can remember this when the time comes for me to actually use it. ")

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this..

    and sorry to hear about Bella's haematoma - why is she shaking her head in the first place?????
    It would be nice if the government subsidised vets as well as doctors! It makes everyone think we are expensive when really, doctors only cost less because of subsidies :( Still, with four children, that was a help too.
    Despite my being a vet, Saff's treatment set us back the price of a decent small car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They also, push to the front of long queues at the post office, block the aisles of the supermarket and drive the wrong way up one way roads, all for the fun of it! Now I understand;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Robbie Williams would say, "Hope I'm old before I die"...can't wait...

    NB

    ReplyDelete
  5. My next door neighbor has been retired since last December and I think he'd give ANYTHING to have his job back! He's a man with no interests or hobbies outside of a daily walk at the mall. Whoop dee do. One thing I'd like to do when I retire is volunteer in a nursery at a hospital. A friend of mine did that for years, rocking the little ones too sick to go home, and said it was very therapeutic for her. Nothing sweeter in the world than rocking a baby. I am not made to just SIT...I'd go absolutely crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! This isn't real though, is it? Quite clever. And I love the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x