Saturday, 26 July 2008

A bowl of contentment!

I've had an uncomfortable humid few days at work, with only one day to go before I start a run of 19 days off, followed shortly after by a further 10 days off, l can bear it.


So to come home (cycling uphill no less) tonight and to be able to sit in our sunny garden, all newly mown (by me last night) I decided I couldn't face cooking. I sent the kids up the road to choose themselves some chinese or pizza meal and l sat and chilled, well I sweat buckets actually, but you know what l mean.


I then mustered the energy from somewhere and picked myself some strawberries from my daily swelling of growth on my strawberry plants.
Slathered in double cream (the strawberries not me) l was suitably relaxed, calm and for a brief moment or ten, absolutely content.


MMMmmmm...

7 comments:

  1. Clarifying just who was covered in creamam was funny! How come you have so much glorious time off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. l take my holidays in august to be with the kids...and l dont take £ for overtime, l take time in lieu, it sure adds up so l get about 6-10 weeks off a year...
    though the kids dont really need me home, now they are older..its habit..

    first day tomorrow....Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, a shady spot and strawberries and cream.

    It's meltdown again today. And I'm about to go to circuit training!!! I think I could be a pool of fat on the floor by 7.30 tonight. Urgh, that sounds horrid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it certainly is!! l've been melting today also...would love to stop and lie in it...perhaps tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely big drops of cool, fat rain tonight here in Bristol. And deeply thoughtful thunder that you could just tell had made a real effort to be GOOD thunder as it rumbled majestically across this city!

    How was day 1 of 19 FFF? (I feel so rude calling you FFF especially as none of them is true, but then again it seems to spoil the fun of blogging to use your real name).

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! My friends and family dont understand why I call my blog FFF...but it was the first thing that I thought of, not totally accurate but kind of a state of mind some of the time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice explanation! I liked the flowers on your newest post, especially the Raspberry Ripple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x