Sunday, 20 July 2008

Authorblog - a question?

The question is: Do you have an item of clothing that you haven't worn for more than a year?

Well strange you should ask me that, as I'm the owner of an online vintage Boutique or two!!

If you asked my husband that, he would roll his eyes, guffaw or just scream, l'm the bane of his life. I also have my own collection of antique and vintage bags, as well as the stock for the sites, my own website and an Etsy site. Before we moved in November, from a large isolated country farmhouse to urban bungalow-billy land, my bags were displayed in old glass cabinets and were my pride and joy,(after the kids obviously, it is obvious isn't it?). Now it is all sequestered around the house, in secure boxes, under beds, in greenhouses and garages, the house attic and in cupboards and wardrobes in all bedrooms, this is not to mention the vintage clothing ... arghhhh!!!

... and as for my own clothing, I know l have pieces that l havent worn in over a year, cos l always buy a suitable xmas party frock, sometimes vintage sometimes current, and we never go out anywhere to wear them, so I have about 5 in the wardrobe now, that narrowly avoided the skip in November.

here are some of my handbags...and my sites

http://www.sarasattic.co.uk/
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5576722

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part. This is my first visit to your blog - and I've really enjoyed your range of subjects and your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks...I do too like the diversity in blogland!! Somehow we have or perhaps allow ourselves 'permission' to think bigger ... outside that damn box!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Nice post!it is very userfull to me, i like your post. thanks for you share. we will come here everyday.
    SExy Lingerie,sexy corsets,sexy costume,WHOleSAle HaLLoween COStume,ChRISTMAS Costume,plus size lingerie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Take the weight of your feet, draw up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. Leave your troubles at the door and together we shall ride out the storms.
I will walk a while in your shoes...

Saz x